Starting with a thought through layout and design is the best way to begin your project. Have a good design to start with can save you time, costs and frustration. Frommann offers full landscape design services for any land needs from simple deck and patio projects to full site plans for your new home or office.
It's important to not take a haphazard approach to your yard and landscape. You need to recognize your bias and look at your home and neighborhood objectively. Here is a simple Q&A Checklist:
- Does you house blend well with others close by?
- Is it inviting?
- Is it distinctive?
- Does it look out of place or over grown?
- How about lines, does it need more vertical or horizontal elements to balance it out?
- It is nestled among trees?
- List all of the positives and shortcomings.
- Does your landscape tell visitors which door to use?
- Are your walks and steps easy to use?
From all of this develop a plan for what your yard needs. Things like lawn and ground covers, street trees, trees and shrubs for framing accents, fencing, walks, drive up, stoop should be evaluated. Often standard landscaping for one story houses lack design with small shrubs making the house look dull and out of place.